EastTosa Sponsor Sliders
Promotion slider is a jQuery slider that makes it easy to insert a simple slideshow, or implement multiple rotating ad zones, on a webpage. Because it is highly-customizable, you are in complete control of what shows on the slider, what shows on your promotion pages and how it all works. A simple options page and straight-forward shortcodes provide great flexibility to the average user, while power users can take advantage of special actions and filters built into the plugin to add their own customizations.
This plugin creates its own button named Promotions
- All images MUST be less than 200 width x 220 height
- If your image is too large, resize it before uploading it.
- A simple online picture resizer, pic resize
- Other tools may be used to resize your image
How to add and manage sliders
Add the Slider Categories
- A slider is a slideshow location that may be put onto the web site
- Create a top level Slider.
- Create additional sliders that have the top level as their parent
- If possible, reuse previously created slider categories. Just rename the parent for the current year.
Edit Current Promotions (preferred)
- A promotion may go into multiple slider categories.
- Check the categories for your promotion.
- Verify the other information on the edit page
- If the graphic is incorrect click Remove Featured image then follow “Add Featured Image” instructions below.
- Publish the promotion
Add New Promotion
- Give the promotion a title
- Check the slider categories
- Under “Promotion Slider Options” set the behaviour to “Open link in a new page” then set the “Destination URL” to the business’ web site address.
- Add the Featured Image (see below)
- Publish the promotion
Add Featured Image
- Click the “Add Media” button just below the title
- Click “Set Featured Image”
- Drag or browse to your image.
- Set Featured Image
- Featured Image Limits
- The image should be less than 200px wide and 220px high
- If other sizes are used, you will need to adjust the slider code.
Sliders in the Widget
- If you reused the slider categories, then your work is done.
- If you added new slider categories, you must update the Secondary Aside Text widgets.
- Click Appearance >> Widgets from the left sidebar
- Expand the Secondary Aside.
- The top Text widget holds the code for the top slider.
- The second Text widget holds the code for the remaining sliders.
- Slider code looks something like this:
[promoslider width="200px" height="220px" category="slidercat"]
- Replace slidercat with the appropriate slider category.
- If needed, adjust the width and height of the slider code.